Automotive: India Entry
India Entry Attractiveness
With an insight from their close network in India about the vast opportunity, they were geared up to enter Indian market and wanted to evaluate India Entry Strategy.
We recommended assessment in phased manner.
Step I: To assess addressable market opportunity and
Step II: Device a Go-To-Market Strategy
From our pilot study, we realised that the study needed in-depth understanding of current users via primary interviews, their usage & purchase practices of product of interest, key suppliers and their installed capacities the current & likely future penetration of product in application segments
- We researched, identified and screened the users, their geographical spread and estimate number of such users in India
- Understood the usage practices – application areas, consumption norms and their annual requirements of client’s product
- Evaluate the sources of supply, their infrastructure, annual production and key customers
- Understand market trends from user, suppliers and industry experts to assess growth drivers and issues impacting the client’s product
- Estimate current market by end users, competition, by region and forecast likely market for next 3 years
- Determine addressable market (current and for next 3 years)
We recommended the client NOT to enter market as the addressable market was too small their product range and to wait until the opportunity is right before re-considering India Entry.
While they were almost convinced about potential vast opportunity but decided to give their gut-feeling a gut-check!