Plastics: Competitive Positioning, Opportunity Analysis, Strategic Planning
Achieving Top-line and Bottom-Line Growth in Commodity Market
Differentiating product in a highly commoditised market along with ample of local / unorganised suppliers, the client not only faced challenge of product pricing, positioning but also struggled to identify new growth areas to expand revenue and improve profitability.
Since the client already had a multi-state, multi-location production facilities, market presence & a reasonable brand-recall; we did a pilot assessment to recommend
- Market penetration potential at District or Pin-code Level
- Evaluate competitive positioning, business models and practices adopted
- Identify customer brand perception & need-gaps, identify future high growth areas.
- Estimate Government investments and per-capita spends on product to evaluate next growth area’s
- Evaluate critical success factors by State and District
Focus on high-growth districts with specific go-to-sales strategy for state/district, create an alternate approach from Product positioning to using Brand strategy to differentiate product Positioning, work closely with channel partners (brand influencer’s).
Within 15 months of implementing the recommendations the client revenue grew 2X faster than industry and achieved 15% higher price realisations for their products.